Wednesday, June 2, 2010

No better time than the present...

I've been wanting to start blogging about my adventures as a wife, giant pregnant lady, and I guess grown up for a while now. I guess there is no better time to start talking about my adult life than when I'm sick in bed, missing my mommy. I've been in Germany for about 11 days now, and I've been sick about 9 of them. So far it's been pretty hectic. We did the final walk through of our apartment, and the kitchen wasn't installed in time. Our move-in date was pushed back to June 12. We've been running around like mad looking for furniture in a city that is NOT centered on customer service. I feel like I'm at Dicks in Myrtle Beach every time we go out to eat somewhere other than an Asian place. My husband is really being wonderful though. He's been busting his butt all week making sure my insurance is set so I can get to the doctor and hopefully get better. I'm just afraid I'm allergic to this city. Right now, it's 54 and rainy out, and this is the warmest day yet this week. When I left Orlando, it was 95 and sunny. I'm pretty sure it's close to the same in LKN. Even if I can't get better, it will be nice to get settled with the doctor that will hopefully see me through the last 13 weeks of my pregnancy. Aside from being sick, Noah has shown me some pretty amazing things in this city. They have the most amazing markets on the weekends. You can buy anything from fresh fish to fresh fruit to mustards to honey to handmade jewelry to real fur coats (yes, I'll need one for winter) to gorgeous antiques. *Side note- I saw a fox coat that looked just like Prissy. I really wanted it. I miss that mean little mutt.* The lifestyle is so slow paced over here. On Sundays, really all you do is spend time with your loved ones. There are no malls or anything open. You're not even allowed to mow your grass or do laundry if you're in an apartment building. A big change I've noticed in myself- I used to look forward to Sundayfunday to go get trashed on the lake. Now, I look forward to walking through the park with Noah just enjoying each other. We don't have to worry about anything to do with the apartment or his job because there is absolutely nothing that can be done until Monday. Ok, time to get back in bed. Hubby's orders :)

No comments:

Post a Comment